Down the Ballot

Monday, October 24, 2011

Long Time No Post

Been a while since last posted here. Sorry for the delay. Lots of cool stuff going on in the world.
Gaddafi is dead, the United States is pulling out of Iraq, the NBA lockout is playing havoc with basketball fans around the world, and in our little neck of the woods there will be a primary election to replace former Congressman David Wu. There are two really cool candidates running in the Democratic primary out of like six.

I quit a job that I felt wasn't going anywhere for me, except for headaches and ulcers. It was more or less a good move to get out of K-12 public education. That ship is sinking fast without a serious public centered reform movement, we will continue to pay more for fewer and fewer services that only benefit 1/3 of the people who use it...but enough depressing thoughts.

On a brighter note, I went back to school to finish my philosophy degree. I am getting more in Pell Grants than I was being paid to do my job. So unreal. So after a total of six years of higher education I will have two degrees. 3 years a degree isn't that bad. What awaits me after my philosophy degree is unknown.

Right now you are probably seeing a lot in the news about the Occupy Wall Street Movement. It is very neat to see democracy in action. How this will play out in 2012 is uncertain. I don't feel yet that the majority of Democrats in Congress exactly get it what's going on in the country. The one guy who does seem to get it is Peter DeFazio.



Post a Comment