Down the Ballot

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Star Trek into Darkness: Gut Reactions

I went down to the Bridgeport Cinema in Tigard with a friend to watch the 10am showing of Star Trek into Darkness. I won't do a full review until this weekend when I don't have as much homework. Needless to say, I enjoyed the movie. Although, I did end up laughing during the final battle due to the destruction of a famous San Fransisco tourist stop in the bay. J.J. Abrams knows how to make fun of himself and that kind of humor is one I greatly appreciate.

This was a lot better than Star Trek (2009). It had a villain that you could clearly define and feel justified in loathing. To my first generation Trekker friends (those of us who loved Star Trek long before the 2009 film) all I can say is you will like this movie and probably with a range of confusion to irritation with this film for those same reasons. I also ponder if Nicholas Meyer should be getting a little something for his contributions to this movie....but we'll talk about that later. To those of you that only started watching after the 2009 movie, you will likely not regret your decision to see installment number 2 from the Bad Robot folks.

Go enjoy the experience of seeing a Star Trek movie. You can hen and haw about it afterwards to your hearts delight.
Post a Comment